Saturday, March 21, 2009

Random Thoughts on Leaving

T minus 4 days.

Tegan and sarah on the speakers at the Beanscene.

Whenever I travel I find that this is one of the places that I miss the most. The old hardwood floor that feels so interesting beneath bear feet; protruding nails near the door, and the polish worn away by hundreds of feet. The old couches, you know the ones that you don't really want to think about how clean they are, and who's done what on them.
The sounds of the coffee grinder and the barrista steaming milk. The often surreal conversations of the staff. The smell of brewing coffee, of espresso and locally baked food.
The brick walls, chipped and worn.
And the coffee, the wonderful locally roasted coffee.
When I come here, I know I'm in Kelowna

* * *

Going through my notes, I just found my schedual - or what I've been told my day will look like once I'm over there:
10-12 am - Contact/teaching time
1-3 pm - "English Corner"
4 pm - "Testing hour"
I don't actually need to be there for testing hour most of the time, though for verbal exams I do.


I think I will actually miss the smell of patchouli.

1 comment: