Sunday, April 19, 2009

A day late

April 18th/09

Today had a Timeless quality to it.
The rain in GZ gives everything a slightly different feel. It cools things down, but not enough to require any kind of insulation.
It gives the city a really cinematic quality.

I went to Chigang Pagoda today.

The area itself feels decrepit, like someone forgot that it was there after they named the Metro station after it.
Huge portions of tiles have been ripped out of the walkways, and the visitors centre is being packed up when I get there.
Up the crumbling overgrown stairs to the pagoda itself, listening to the rain hammer on my umbrella.

Three boys, crouched inside the lower level; shielded from the rain, dicing for money.
The upper eight levels are closed, and the bottom one is covered in Chinese grafitti, inside and out.
This probably says something about GZ... I'm just not sure what.

I went in search of a temple, having not been to one yet; FangCun has a temple.

I got sidetracked by brickwork alleys under trees. People going about their lives as if to spite the monsoon

For all of today, everything is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment